Wednesday, 29 May 2013

How To Change Discs

I've noticed that a lot of people are searching for information on how to change discs with the Arc system. It's really very simple!

What I personally do is take the front and back cover off of the notebook that I'm changing discs on. I then place the front and back cover onto the new discs. I made a quick video on how I pop the cover off. Once you've got the part above the little hole off, the bottom part will come off. I really need to find a word to describe the mushroom shaped hole in Arc notebooks!



Once I've got my notebook covers on the new discs, I then start adding the pages, pulling out about 8 at a time and placing them into the new notebook. This way, there's far less chance of ruining or messing up everything when changing discs.

If you need to take a disc off an empty notebook, twist the disc sideways whilst pulling firmly, they won't break! They are designed to be snapped in and out, it's just a case of pulling them out - nothing fancier then that! I think people get worried because the Arc notebook covers are quite thick and the discs can be difficult to remove, just yank 'em out, seriously. Arc notebooks are great quality and are very unlikely to break.

I hope this explains it, the whole process is very simple - it really is just a case of pulling the disc off whatever you want to remove it from. If you need any more help, feel free to comment or email me - arcitblog@gmail.com

Also, I made a YouTube channel, click here to view it. It only has the above video on it at the moment, I might make some more but I'm not sure of how good they will be seeing as the best video camera I have in on my iPhone and trying to do stuff one handed is difficult!

6 comments:

  1. Yeah!

    I am very excited that Amanda has decided to start a blog just for the Arc Notebook.

    I have been following this blog for two months and have read every article and youtube video.

    So I have decided to join and hopefully be able to make suggestions from time to time.

    Thank you, Amanda for your hard work.

    from befordgaol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just started using an ARC book as my planner/organiser. So far I've pretty much done it from scratch as the available additions didn't really suit what I wanted. I'm tying to find 2" discs though as the 1.5" are already full. Has anyone found somewhere to get bigger discs in the UK? Staples site doesn't have them listed either in the UK or the US but I've seen youtube vids where people have 2" discs. I've looked at a lot of the other disc-bound sites and they don't seem to have them either. Anyone seen 2" discs?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staples do not offer 2" discs as part of the Arc system but I believe Levenger do as part of their Circa system although they don't come cheap...

      Delete
    2. Thank you. Yeah I found the circa ones right after posting that comment. Ouch. I don't need 22 of them even without the nice price tag! I'm going to hit up Staples in the US in a few weeks anyway and see how the silver Martha Stewart ones compare and work on lightening the load in my book.

      Love the blog btw, it's been very helpful :)

      Delete
  3. I am thinking of doing the same.

    I believe that I am going to try the 2" size discs as well.
    If nothing else, they will make for a couple of really thick storage notebooks.

    I have broken two covers while changing the discs out, I have broken two binder covers.
    I think that sometimes the plastic is a little brittle.
    But over time, I have learned to just take time to pull the binder off the small discs.

    I use 1 1/2 " discs and putting on the larger ones are a lot easer.
    I really wish that they would sell the notebooks with the large discs to begin with.

    It would make things easier for some.

    mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. FYI, don't use the Martha Stewart discs! They break and crack!! Stay with the M By staples discs!

    ReplyDelete